Thursday, March 14, 2013

Still in the CCM; playing the piano

WHAAdduppp. This week was super weird - exciting and lame at the same time haha.

So remember how I said i was for sure leaving the MTC earlier than the 6 week time? well about an hour after I wrote that, I learned that not only would I not be leaving (and all of the Elders from the US who were in my district would still be leaving), but I would be joining a Latin district here in the CCM instead of the other US district. They only got here 2 weeks ago and their spanish is still pretty rough around the edges so I wouldn´t have gotten too much better, so President is putting my with a Latin companion in a Latin district. He is supposed to arrive this afternoon. I am crazy nervous and stressing but I´m also excited. My Spanish is going to get a heck of a lot better. It will have to hahaha.

Also in this past week, I got asked by some of the Hermanas (sister missionaries) to play piano for them to sing with in church for sunday. I guess they liked what they heard when I had to play prelude music for one of our meetings and asked me to play for them. They snag an arrangement of the song "If the Saviour Stood Beside Me" and it was an easy piano part but really fun to play cause its such a pretty song. I messed up once or twice during the performance in church, but I played it off (pun absolutely intended) well and kept rolling along. Since thats definitely the hardest thing for me to do, I was pretty proud of myself. Boom shaka-laka. I am a real pianist now I guess. ALSO I FINISHED PLAYING THROUGH THE HYMN BOOK AND I AM PRIDEFUL ABOUT THAT FACT.

This past week we got to go through the temple 2 more times. That place is seriously the best. I love it so much. The stress of learning everything here in the CCM gets to you some times, but the temple just reminds you why yours out here and that you have some pretty big support teams upstairs. Good stuff, yo. Good stuff.

I have developed a theory that everyone has a Latin twin (although difficult to know which one is the evil twin). There are just too many people in the world to not have duplicated of faces and stuff, just with some different colors. so far I have met many, including but not limited to Ben Stiller, one of my old district buddies cousins, and Greg Wells (shout out to FV2). when lucky, they even have the same personalities. I am thinking of coining the term "DoppleLatin" (name still in progress).

Anyways, thats about all the time I have this week. I hope everyone is doing well back home and life is treating you well. I appreciate all of the loves, thoughts, and prayers that come my way. You are in mine.

Life here is PUES ENFERMO, (search the words separately or it wont make sense)

Elder Pratt

P.S. Also, I´m sorry if I don´t write people back. We only get a half hour to email on our p-day and I don´t have much time. I promise I read every letter that comes through though. So if I dont respond to you I still love you, I just type and think slowly.


No comments:

Post a Comment