Tuesday, June 11, 2013

2 months in the fielddddddd

HEYYYYYY i hope all is well in the world up there. Life and the work in Zipa moves on. We were out hiking today for pday so im not left with too much time, but i got some cool photos of me in embarassing poses and allthat jazz so hopefully next week ill send them on over. 

HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK:
- An investigator of ours turned to my comp during a lesson and asked, "Is he (me) always this happy?" so I responded, "Yes sir because the Gospel of Jesus Christ maeks me happy and seeing you progress in it makes me happy." BOOM roasted
- My comp and I (and the whole church) got accused of idolatry because the copies of the Book of Mormon that we pass out have a picture of Jesus in them. Imagine how that next convo with this person went. Then imagine it worse, with more misunderstand and baseless accusations. Yeah thats about how it was.
- When we were walking in the street one time, a small child of about 7 years pointed at me and yelled "Mire, un gringo!" (Look, a white guy)
- A small crazy old lady yelled from her second story window as we walked by, "Un mono de los Estados Unidos!" Then we went to talk to her and yes, she was in fact crazy.
- I LITERALLY HIKED TO THE TOP OF A MOUNTAIN TODAY
- We found this lady who is dating this super good mormon guy and she knows a lot about the church and wants to get baptized ahhhh yeahhhhhhhhhh
- I am a hair cutting beast, 3 of the 4 people living in our house are proudly sporting haircuts by me (including myself)
- Of the other companionship here that works here in Zipa with us, one is like a copy of Kyle Pratt and I think ive already said it but the more time i spend with him the more clear it gets and it is amazing and I love him (both of them)

Wellllllll thats about all. I love you and I miss you all! Read Alma 7 cause ity might be my favorite chapter in the Book of Mormon and its beautiful. Also Alma 36. Thanks for all the support and love and prayers sent my way!

Un mono de los Estados Unidos
Elder Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment