Tuesday, June 11, 2013

3 months (almost down), wow im old

HOWDY yalls

Did you know having to tell people that you´re 20 years old feels weird? Cause its awful haha.

I hope all is well in your various parts of the world. Things here in Colombia are going well. A bit more exciting at times with the world soccer entrance trials things (i forget the name in English) and Colombia competing hard. They (or we because I'm Colombian now) have one of the best teams in Latin America and top 5 or 10 in the world. BOOOYAH. Its getting to be about time for me to stop being such a cheap person and buy myself a Latin American soccer jersey from the land of my mission like every person has done ever haha.

Life continues to be a crazy mix of experiences. From helping this guy with a realllllly bad drinking problem (and drugs and all that fun stuff) who wants to change his life to seeing fathers open up and join their wives in children in the investigation of the Gospel. Its pretty amazing to see the weight lifted off of people shoulders when they really learn about Jesus and what he can be for them. I don´t think I´ll ever get tired of teaching that and helping people feel that.

Oh yeah, remember that old crazy lady who yelled from her window "Un mono de los Estados Unidos!" (a blonde kid from the United States)? Welllllllll we passed by her house again and she was outside and yelled to me again and we said hi and were asking when we could come by to visit her family and she gets all creepy and says "Ahhhh the blonde kid from the United States. You are my boyfriend." And she said it totally calmly and looked me right in the eyes so we were like okay bye and walked away in missionary strides. It was maybe the most uncomfortable I have ever felt ever. Yay the life of a missionary.

Well I gotta go but I love you all and hope you are all doing great. Keep me and Zipaquirá in your prayers! We have transfers this next week so I could be emailing you from who knows where next time. But if I'm lucky Ill get another transfer here in Zipa to finish what I've started. I miss you all and you´re all cool! In the words of Lizzy Macguire, "You rock. Don´t ever change."

Elder Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment