Tuesday, June 11, 2013

I was gonna title this email Catching Fire but then I didn´t wanna quote the book cause thats a bit illegal

FAMILYYYYYYYYY and FRIENDSSSSSSSSSSS

The past two weeks have been CRAZY and so much has happened. Like all extremes of the missionary life. We had to help a less-active family through the death of a child (4-year-old kid contracted a meningitis virus in his ear), got dropped by one of our most progressing investigators (Gloria), saw another one of our most progressing investigators lose his job and decide to not get married or separate from his woman, and some general missionary stomach issues. That said, we also saw Belén get baptized and confirmed, her 19-year-old daughter just about change and get baptized right after cause she felt the spirit so strong (she didn't, but we she does have a baptismal date for the 15 of June and is awesome), re-found an investigator that we lost contact with about 2 months ago and he is reading the Book of Mormon and suuuuuuper prepared (also has a date for the 15 of June), and found some awesome new people to teach. Crazy crazy stuff. But life and the work goes on!

Like I said, Belén´s baptism was super awesome. She is a real awesome lady and she is getting super pumped about the church and preaching to her kids. She has no fear in telling her kids (ages 21, 19, 17, and 7) whats up and her husband too. She is already a super good example and has been testifying to the investigators we bring to church! She is a powerhouse and treats us like her own kids. I love it. Her 7-year-old daughter Laura, who always joins her at church and stuff and is around when we visit Belén, usually calls me "Mono" (Blonde or Blonde-y or however you spell that) or "Padrino" (Godfather) and says she´s wants to get baptized but won´t unless I do it. Too bad she turns 8 on September 30th. I am gonna try to get her to change her mind about the me part of that decision haha.

Sorry I´m short on time again, but just remember that I love you all and keep me and my investigators in your prayers. Hopefully in a few more weeks, we´ll get to see a few more people in white. Hurrah for Israel!!

Mono Padrino,
Elder Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment