Thursday, October 24, 2013

MY LIFE IS A GIFT, MY LIFE HAS A PLAN

Wellllllllllllll today I come with news. Today there were transfers aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I AM STILL A SAN LUCHADORRRRRRRRR which is super cool but to be honest like a HUGE task, but I AM PUMPED. Also I come with news that CHUCK (Elder Chauque) is still my comp which is super cool because we are gonna rock the worlds of the people here and preach the gospel with all we have until Chuck dies (figuratively- he finishes his mission on the 29th of November which will make me a MURDERER).

so yeah. Life is pretty cool. And yes, the subject of my email is totally a pirmary song. Chuck found this CD in his stuff witha  bajillion songs and song primary classics popped out so we have been pumpin them DAY and NIGHT (or whenever it is convenient in our missionary schedule).

THIS HAS BEEN A WEEK OF EVENTS. Let me share some with you:
- Elder Duncan totally got a package from his fam with powdered mashed potatoes (4 cheese flavor) and we ate them and it was DELICIOUS. Said package also came with BEEF JERKY and GARDETTOS which was prob the coolest thing ever
- While we were eating the gringo food from Elder Duncan´s family, this mariachi band totally came and was playing for this birthday party on the floor above us and we got to listen to mariachi music while we ate delicious food
- There is this store in the city with a whooooole bunch of gringo stuff and I found some cool items (that I did not buy- BUDGETING LIKE A WINNER) including but not limited: Tang, Del Monte cans of corn (if you have ever been to the Pratt Family garage you can see why this means so much to me), and nutella
- this one day here is was super cold and rained a lot and then it stopped raining because the clouds just came right to us and we lived our lives in the middle of the clouds. so yeah, I guess you could say we are at a high altitude.
- So here in colombia they have crazy good bus systems to transport you from one part of a city to another or all the way to other Departments (like states). The inter city buses are usually a bit smaller (obviously) and most of the time you are standing on the bus. HERES THE CATCH so i´m like not even that tall but I´m like so tall and most of the time I have to slouch like crazy or just bend my neck in a weird way or something like that. I DISCOVERED A CURE and it is called the Emergency Exit. When I stand in the emergency exit part, it is a bit taller and I fit. YAY!!!
- This crazy lady in the branch who always follows us missionaries around and tries to like touch us and stuff super creepily totally brought a drunk guy to church. Like he was super drunk and stayed all 3 hours. COLOMBIAAAA
- Chuck has a CD of music he got from a member in this one area here in Bogotá called Granada and we were listening the CD the other day and I heard a version of I´ll Go Where You Want Me To Go that I recognized and then I paid closer attention and it was totally the version of my cousin Mike Larsen who served in this mission. Then another elder told me that he had heard that version from other elders. MIKE YOU ARE TOTALLY FAMOUS!!!
- So I learned the other day from Elder Duncan that his mom reads my mission blog so I jsut wanted to throw a special shout out to ELDER DUNCANS MOM. WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!

CRAZY EXPERIENCE THIS WEEK so remember that investigator who was living with her BF and then left him but was with another and it was all crazy and mixed up? YEAH so we have been working like crazy trying to help her out and MAN we had a crazy appointment this week and it was sooooooo strong and the Spirit was like super strong and we invited her to be baptized and she accepted but like was scared a bit because its hard to give up our favorite sins. My comp and I both felt super strongly that she needed a baptismal date to go with it right away and we had been praying and working to find the right date and we extended it and she was like "oh I don´t know I don´t know" and we said "how about we say a prayer right now and ask God if thats the right day?" and she agreed, said an amazingly humble and beautiful prayer, and then waited like 15 seconds after in silence and just said "Okay, but you guys have to help me!" IT WAS SO AWESOME WE WERE SO PUMPED IT WAS OUT OF CONTROL. We are going to be working with all we have to take some photos in white on November 9th! Pray for Paola!

So this week I was thinking and totally had a revelation (or something like that). PROVERB TIME: In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. Deep stuff right? Yeah so I had heard that phrase a long time ago but I was like thinking about it this week for some reason that I don´t remember right now, but that totally represents missionary work. Let´s be frank, we are all preeeeetty blind in the terms of God´s plans for us. Yeah, we have a skeleton and the basics, but we don´t know the specifics adn we know that we fall short daily to achieve that plan. Here´s the catch: There are a whoooole lot of people out there who don´t even know the skeleton of the basics. That´s what we (and I say we because we are all missionaries) should do. Let´s be the guides for our friends or family who maybe don´t have the basics or the skeleton that we have. We may not ber perfect or we may not be able to see everything, but let´s do what we can to guide those who have less than us to a level a bit better. Trust me, the missionaries aren´t perfect, but we are just taking the light we have gotten and trying to share it a bit. Let´s all do the same and join in the fight.


Okay so this letter has been long an you are all probs tired of me so I´ll end it. I miss you and I love you all!!!!!!

Elmer Praff

No comments:

Post a Comment