Wednesday, December 4, 2013

I HAVE A NEW NICKNAME!!!!

Helllo!!!!!


Halloween in Colombia is sketchy!!! I am in "tierra fría" and stuff is waaaaaaay crazier in tierra caliente (I hear)  but I don´t know if I ever wanna see that then!!!!

but yeah. this week wwas pretty coool. We had a super awesome Stake Conference this weekend and there were some pretty stellar talks given. The Stake President started off his talk saying "Well 1 Corinthians 4:20 teaches us that the kingdom of God is not in word but in power, so let´s forget about all of the cool words we hear and ACT." Yeah, thooooose were some pretty wonderful words to hear as missionaries because MAN our jobs would be so much easier and we could work more effectively if instead of TALKING the people got ACTING. But yeah that was a pretty cool moment ahaha. 

Other excellent moment of conference was when the 1st counselor said "The Atonement gives us the power to ask for forgiveness, but also to forgive." Sometimes forgiving people is really hard but JUST DO IT because you will feel like so much better. Holding grudges is really tiring and annoying and after a while you just forget why you are mad and are just mad because you feel like still being mad and its really silly. Like I totally picked that word for a reason. Silly. I want you all to think about your grudges and how silly they are. yeeeeaaahhhhh thats what a thought. Go tell them you are sorry for being lame and silly and then just stop being lame and silly. Those are two attributes that I am trying to develop a bit more and I can frankly say my life is like so much better. Learning how to forgive and learning how to humble yourself and ask for forgiveness, and not just to God, but to other people. Try it out, believe me is is the bomb.


TODAY WE WENT TO THE TEMPLE AND IT WAS SO GREAT I LOVED EVERY MINUTE WOW everyone who has the opportunity to go to the temple frequently and doesn´t do is totally missing out. Like for real. Man the Spirit is so strong there. Preeeetty awesome.


QUOTE OF THE WEEK, attributed to Thomas S. Monson:
"Never let solving a problem be more important than loving a person."
Just let that one sit in a bit. Yeeeeeaaaahhhhh. It´s pretty fantastic.


IN LESS THAN 4 WEEKS MY COMPANION GOES HOME FROM HIS MISSION and that is weird. 


ALSO finding golden families is like the best. BUT I reaslly dislike how (almost) everyone isn´t living the law of chastity and it makes missionary work harddddddddd but its totally fine because THAT´S WHY I´M HERE.


With lots of loooooooooooooooooooove,

Hermano Tras (I really don´t understand why my name is so hard)

(also the nickname gets funnier when you understand the meaning of the word "tras")

No comments:

Post a Comment