Monday, February 3, 2014

MY LIFE KEEPS GETTING MORE INTERESTING



SO life is like crazy. Sometimes as a missionary, you think that your day will be full of just talking to people in their houses and teaching nice little lessons and everything cute and simple. 

BUT other times you have to run all over the world doing errands for other people, helping out sick missionaries in other areas, going to appointments when the people don´t show up, trying to be nice to people who start getting all fighty and up in your face, and even meeting lots of sometimes scary old people who yell at you. But its totally cool. Its totally part of the job. Usually its really fun and the dumb things that happen totally get put on the Funny Things of my Day list.

BUt every once in a while, you can just maybe get a little discourage. Maybe a bit stressed. Maybe a bit weighed down with all of the people´s problems, the people who aren´t progressing, the responsibilities, and stuff like that and you just get tired. 

BUT THEN GOD PROVES HE LOVES YOU IN A SMALL WAY JUST PERFECT FOR YOU. So I had gotten a bit stressed one night and woke up a bit stressed and when we left the house was a bit stressed. But suddenly, while walking to an appointment we had, I found exactly what we needed. No, not money on the ground. No, not a free meal somewhere (I have discovered that I eat A LOT but don´t worry mom I toally haven´t gained weight). But instead, an entire park full of about 75 old people doing aerobics. I don´t know how many of you guys have seen like an old people water aerobics class, but this was even better. All of them were in their Rocky sweatsuits and doing their little exercises and some of them had these super intense faces on, and going all-out. It was maybe the funniest thing I had seen in years. I wanted to cry laughing right there. Man, it was exactly what I needed that day. And, even now, I am fighting back a stupid smile in a random internet cafe in the middle of a foreign country because I just remember that moment. The Big Guy Up There knows me so so well. I swear he planned that whole thing just to cheer me up. 

OTHER (lame but awesome) HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE WEEK:
- the song "families can be together forever" is spanish is translated to "Eternas pueden ser las familias" (Families can be eternal). We were planning the baptismal service for Jose and he and his mom were like "oh we wanna sing that one song that goes ´Cuán grandes pueden ser las familias´ (families can be so big). I dont know why but it was really funny for all of us. I think we were all really tired.
- so sometimes as a missionary you find crazy people. Sometimes you just pass by them and tell them to have a nice day and then they start Bible-bashing with you in the street. You just smile and agree because they are saying the truth and quoting the Bible and then out of nowhere you tell them something else, like asking them to pray and ask God about the Book of Mormon and saying that he loves us and answers prayers. then they say funny phrases like "With all of the respect in the world, you are a liar and stop telling lies." It is really sad but also funny at the same time. You just kinda have to shake those moments off though cause sometimes they happen a lot ahahhaa.
- WE FOUND THIS EXCELLENT FAMILY AND THEY ARE ALREADY MARRIED (uncommon here) AND TOTALLY ACCEPTING AND DOING ALL OF THE COMMITMENTS WE LEAVEEEEEEEE and it is so so so so great.
- My comp says I look and act like Dr. House. I don´t know if thats good or not. When I ask him if he means it in a good way or a bad way, he just looks at me and laughs. I think thats a bad sign.
- Helping people get rid of addictions is sometimes really frustrating but also super gratifying. It is fun.

THE BOOK OF MORMON IS THE BEST BOOK EVER man it is just so great. For real. I was reading Enos this morning and MAN I love that chapter. You should all read it. ANDTHEN apply it because it is the best. I LOVE THAT BOOK SO MUCH.


I LOVE YOUALLLLLLLLLL

Elder Pratt (everyone sees my name and starts asking me all these questions about Parley P. Pratt. Its kinda fun sometimes but other times I just like wanna make a formal announcement so I dont have to have the same convo like 5 times a day hahahhaa)

No comments:

Post a Comment