Monday, June 9, 2014

I feel old.

I feel old. In one month, I turn 21. Gross.

Anyway, This week was totally cool. I got to play translator for a few teenagers from Denmark, I learned about my companions love for Gringo music, and I heard the most ridiculous number of siblings that had ever existed. But we have to go in order. 

So we were running a few errands in the immigration offices of Bogotá a few days ago and we were about to get on the city´s bus system, called Transmilenio. It is like their over-ground subway. After we got purchased our passages (I forget the word in english, like not tickets but like the entrance fee was onthe card blah blah blah), we were heard off to enter and we heard a person saying, "Inglés? Inglés?" and so naturally I turned around. I saw two white kids about 18 years old trying to talk to ticket lady, the three of them obviously confused. My comp and I walked over and I was like, "Hey, do you guys need help?" I played middle-man and we got their passages and got them sent on the right bus. Turns out it was the same bus as we needed, so we got to talking. It was pretty cool. They were really cool kids and we totally made it into a missionary contact and left them with some stuff to think about. BOOM I´M A MISSIONARY

The otehr day we were talking down a street in the city and the little stores on the side of the road always have loud music playing, usually colombian or mexican music. But I heard a song as we were walking and I was sure it was in english, but we heard it for like 3 seconds and didn´t stop walking. I said to my comp (who does not hardly speak any english), "Hey man was that in English?" and he responded, "Oh yeah, that was Lil´ Wayne and Eminem." Later that day, the same thing happened. "Yeah, Guns and Roses, bro." It was tooo funny for me. So a few days later, we were talking to someone who is like super crazy. Like my comp and I knew for sure he was crazy and sometimes he follows us around and just talks to us. So he somehow got my comp and started talling him his life story (and the dude talks soooooo fast it hurts my mind to listen to him) and I was just off to the side and started to quietly sing the song Crazy by Gnarls Barkley, and my comp startred cracking up while still talking to the guy. As we escaped, my comp started singing the song and said, "Man how could you sing the Gnarls Barkley song in that moment?" I almost died. My comp is a stud.

One of our investigatores has (at least) 140 brothers (all kids of the same dad). I don´t feel like this statements needs any more comments.

WE FOUND A SUPER COOL LESS ACTIVE LADY AND SHE IS THE COOLEST and she came to church for the first time in a looooong time and she totally liked it and is reading the scriptures and praying and listening to the lessons again and being super cool and it is the best. I seriously love how good it feels to just find amazing people who are just waiting to be members or become active members or stuff like that. It is the best ever. But for reals.

Also sometimes the adversary can be a real punk and make awful stuff happen but it doesn´t even matter when your investigators are strong and ready. We have this familiy who have been waiting for a long time to get baptized because there is this crazy thing with his divorce so they can get married and then baptized and they need a lot of money, like $500 and they are in a bit of a rough economic situation. They have had some up moments and down moments, but recently they have been doing great and we are trying to help them work for the money. On Friday, the (future) husband was going to sell some stuff, about $650 of stuff. Some sketchy business stuff went down with the bank and they ended up robbing him the $650. He was suuuuuper bummed and was ready to just give up with the chruch and all he had learned and everything. He slept on it that night, talked to his mom (a member of the church for about 2 years now and super strong) and then called us on Saturday, asking for a blessing of the priesthood. He told us, "If Satan is persistent and is working so hard against me, I and going to show him that I am more persistent and will work evern harder." Man those were like the best words I have ever heard in my life. He strengthened me when he said that and I felt just like the little kid I am. I hope that someday I can be as strong as he is.

I love you all and hope you are all just doing swell!!!!

Elder Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment