Monday, June 9, 2014

I´ll Go Where You Want Me to Go

I´d bet that many of you, when reading the title, thought that finally Elder Pratt had grown up. If that is what you want and expect, please do not keep reading, because I will disappoint you hahah.

The truth is that this week was basically stellar. My comp and I are having a blast. We are working hard, finding a lot of service opportunities, and teaching some great people. I don´t know if I have talked about Isabel, but she is this great lady who was just stuck in a whole mess of doubts and problems in her personal life that were impeeding her spiritual progress. Well, this week we had a pretty crazy awesome appointment with her and it was awesome. She explained our purpose as missionaries and the purpose of baptism and why we always were talking about baptism with her. She understood sooo well and for the first time she started to express to us the beginnings of her testimony. She told us how she knew she needed to get baptized. She said that had a lot of doubts, but she knew that what we told her was true and that the Book of Mormon was the word of God. She told us that she needed to get over her personal issues and make decisions! She accepted a baptismal date for the 24th of this month. I hope I am still here in Suba to see her and her daughter get baptized that day!

This week I finished reading that Book of Mormon again. Man I love that book so much. If I was going to be stuck on an island alone forever and was just gonna like hang out there until I died, I would take the Book of Mormon with me. Also maybe like a pocket knife or something. But definitely the Book of Mormon.

Time for your joke/spanish lesson of the week. Soooooooooo there is this family here in Suba who is super cool. The dad is named Felix and is he is a stud. His son is 5 and named Juan Felipe and is sooooooooooooo funny. Yesterday in church, one of the members went up to Juan Felipe and asked him, "¿Dónde está Felix?" Juan Fe, being a young little ball of energy and weird thoughts, responded, "Yo estoy feliz aquí, yo estoy feliz allí, por todo lado estoy feliz!" The por kid heard feliz instead of Felix and just let us know that he is jsut a happy kid wherever he is.

This weekend was of the fast and here what we usually do when we fast is saturday lunch to sunday lunch. We spent Saturday afternoon moving furniture, painting a house, and going hard. I have gotten soo good at fasting here in the mission. Before the mission I was such a pansy when it came to fasting and now I a getting stronger. BOO YAH AUTODOMINIO

Well that´s enough of me. Have a groovy (totally set on bringing that word back) week and keep Colombia in your prayers!

Elder Pratttt

No comments:

Post a Comment