Thursday, January 22, 2015

´ello poppet

welllllll HI!!!

This week has been crazy. We were suuuuper busy all week, traveling to meetings, having killer appointments, getting some references of some power families, seeing miracles on Sunday, making tasty food, not having water in our house, sleeping in chinchorros (if hammacks had a cool older brother, it would be the chinchorro) and tearing this city up. 

I have learned sooooooo much this week about being a disciple of Christ. The more I study the more I realize that the all of the great things that we do and learn and hear are great, but they mean NOTHING unless we get to the real purpose of the gospel, which is our perfection. To really be disciples of the Savior, we need to follow Him and his example. I have learned a lot this week about how terrible I am at that and how much I need to change my heart and my actions. It takes a lot of work, but once the process starts it just feels great and super relaxing. I encourage all of you to take a minute to study chapter 6 of Preach my Gospel a bit. It is amazing.

BUT don´t think that I´ve gone all soft on you guys and aren´t myself anymore CAUSE THAT´S WRONG. I still have my lame story/comment from the week. This time, it´s a joke!:

-Cuál es el animal más perezoso?
-No, cuál es?
-No sabe? Es un pez. Sabe por qué?
-No, por qué?
-Qué hace un pez todo el día?
-NADA

(Please hold all applause ´til the end of the email)

I apologize for my love of cheesy jokes. Also puns. Nevermind I don´t apologize at all for my love of puns. Puns are punny and quack me up....
(As I wrote that I just remembered that part of Finding Nemo when the lobster guy says, "I am ashamed." who knows why that line came into my head...)

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll I gotta go. BYE!

Elder Pratt

PS While the powerful sun of Yopal has made my face and arms more tan, the sketchy house that we lived in has given my hand a weird thing that is giving my hand a weird like white splotch. (And don´t worry mom, I already have talked to doctors and everything and have a cream and stuff, chillax :) )

PPS that part of Napoleon Dynamite when Uncle Rico nails Napoleon in the face with a steak

No comments:

Post a Comment