Thursday, January 22, 2015

(no subject)

THIS WEEK WAS SUPER COOL. Why you ask???

1- WE FOUND SOME SUPER CRAZY COOL INVESTIGATORS IN WEIRD WAYS.

2- I ATE TURTLE SPINE.

3- WE HAD A KILLER BAPTISM.

4- OUR APARTMENT GOT BROKEN INTO BUT NOTHING GOT ROBBED.

5- MY APARTMENT DOES NOT CURRENTLY HAVE A FRONT DOOR.

More details you ask??? (aaand if you didn´t want more details, just like skip to the bottom I guess)

1- This week we were walking to an appointment and we ran into a guy who stopped us and started to talk to us, saying his brother is a member in another country and he wants to know more and maybe join the church. AWESOME. (We´ll just ignore the part where he was a bit tipsy when he said that) We kept talking, made an appointment for later, he showed up, it was awesome, he is actually a genious who is just a bit offtrack right now but wants to change his life and get baptized. We met another guy too in a similar case. Pretty awesome stuff, I love the mission.

2- I´M PRETTY SURE THE TURTLE SPINE ONE DOESN´T NEED ANYMORE EXPLANATION.

3- WILSON is the coolest. He is probably the most humble man I have ever met and he was just waiting to hear the restored Gospel. A friend of his brought him to church, we met him, started teaching him, and a month and a half later he was baptized. He is the best!

4- We got home from church yesterday after lunch to drop off our coats adn go out to work and BOOM we found our doorknob DESTROYED and on the floor in pieces. The door was shut, but luckily I had my pocketknife (BOYSCOUTSRULE) and we jimmied the lock to get in (don´t worry, we took pics of EVERYTHING before touching, yeah i´m seen wayyy too many episodes of CSI). Inside the door (in plain vision as we had left it the morning before) were iPods, MP3 players, etc (and potable water, which is actually a treasure in this city) THEY DIDN´T EVEN TOUCH THEM. We thought maybe they didn´t get in or something so we started looking around and found that the drawers were all opened and the clothes thrown around a bit and stuff but they DIDN¨T STEAL ANYTHING. The door and house of our neighbors was the same. WHAT A BLESSING! My comp and I just fell on our knees and gave thanks to God (then we made some phone calls- police, owners, etc ahah) God is wayyy to good to us.

5- as a result of the previous point, they took our door this morning and are fixing it and we have to have or 2 or 4 missionaries in the house at all times until they bring our door back nice and fixed later this afternoon. good times.

So yeah, basically this week was killer. I love the mission so much, my life is the best. I have been here in Yopal for almost 7 months now and I just love this city. We are soo blessed to have some amazing leaders an some great members in this branch and it has been great bein here. Most likely I´ll be getting transfered next week to another city to finish my mission in another place, but if I stay here, I´m gonna be stoked!

Until next week, Love you all!

Elder Pratt



PS 6

No comments:

Post a Comment